Around the web today for stories of interest to future missionaries, missionary moms, returned missionaries, member missionaries, and missionaries of every sort and variety.
- Dennis N. Deuce “White Dress Shirts on Bikes” – This new YouTube talk show will discuss new missionary topics in each episode. This episode consisted of a round table discussion of what it means to be a missionary parent. Of particular interest is a discussion of the missionary Christmas phone call.
- Friend “Missionary Quest”– I admit that I couldn’t help myself and had to find the missionary’s appointment in the park. All the satisfaction of Where’s Waldo, half the effort.
- Liz Alley “The Christmas Phone Call“– There are some who are most excited for Christmas tomorrow because they’ll get to talk to their missionary. Though this article isn’t new, the advice is critical in helping you make the most of those 45 minutes.
- Camille West “Church Hopes to Expand Reach of Joseph Smith Movie on Hulu”– Here is a simple, easy to plan missionary project for your Family Home Evening activity tonight. “The Joseph Smith movie is the first Church film to penetrate an exclusive, major distribution channel like Hulu, where some 4 million subscribers can watch on-demand streaming video . . . But the Church needs your help.”
- Mark Albright “The Las Vegas Nativity”– This public outreach effort has had some incredible results! “Approximately 10,000 and 12,000 people attended the Nativity last week in Las Vegas at the outdoor theatre. . . .The group partnered with Opportunity Village four years ago to use its outdoor amphitheater, according to [Nathan] Jones [Spokesman for the Redrock Stake]. By changing locations from a Church to the community building, the production has become a vehicle to reach out and serve with other organizations in the community.
Missionary Beat is taking a break for Christmas and New Years. Enjoy your holidays, and may you share the Spirit of Christ in your homes with all who enter.