Around the web today for stories of interest to future missionaries, missionary moms, returned missionaries, member missionaries, and missionaries of every sort and variety.
- Kevin V. “My Brother the Missionary” – This eleven year old writer considers the effects of having a missionary in his family. Sweet and thoughtful. “We dropped him off at the airport and said goodbye. . . . Since that day, I pray to Heavenly Father and ask Him to take care of my brother as he serves.”
- Mix Videos “Kalten’s Fake Mission Call”– [Video] Had a good laugh today? This elaborate prank gets better and better as the truth slowly on the face of this prospective missionary.
- Trent Toone “Retired Professor Creates New Pictorial Introduction to the LDS Church“– One man wanted to find a way to introduce the church he loved to others, what resulted was a beautiful labor of love. “Prete, a retired history professor, drew upon his experience as a missionary in France in the mid-1960s to come up with a book idea.”
- Richie T. “Letters from the Field: Sister Tobias 55”– This reminder to see the precious moments is perfectly timed for Christmas. “Remember the precious moments like hearing first uttered prayers of your fellow brothers and sisters, [or] praying harder for a stranger than you would for yourself”
- LDS Mission Stories “Story From My LDS Mission in London”– “I remember he picked up that cup of Chinese Tea and just looked at it. It felt like the longest five to ten seconds of my life. And then he . . .” Find out about what happened to Ralph and others in one missionary’s diverse experiences.