Around the web today for stories of interest to future missionaries, missionary moms, returned missionaries, member missionaries, and missionaries of every sort and variety.
- LDS S.M.I.L.E “LDS Missionary Teaching Via Old Spice Commercial” – What do you get when you combine what is probably the most amusing commercial of the last several years with preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ? You’ll have to watch to find out.
- Taler5 “Moving Rocks & Voodoo Objects”– Cell phones have changed missionary work in many substantial ways. Read about this small miracle (2nd paragraph) when one potential investigator called the missionaries in his area. “So as for this week, we found two, count them… two awesome families. It was ridiculous! We found them in a crazy way too. “
- Theresa Walsh Giarrusso “Would you pull kids from school for a learning experience about another religion?“– The temple open house in Gilbert is opening up missionary opportunities in unique places. “I am surprised by how many non-Mormons in our community are so excited about touring the Temple. The pastor of our Catholic Church is going ton a VIP tour, and all the ladies I teach with at church are going. Many of our neighbors have signed up too. I hate for my children to miss school, but we view it as quite an opportunity.”
- LDS.org “Missionary Visa“– Do you know a missionary travelling overseas soon? This informative new site from the Church helps explain the rules for traveling to different countries.
- LDS Motion Picture Casting Office– Do you think you can help the work of the Lord progress through photography or modeling? This opportunity might be right for you.