Around the web today for stories of interest to future missionaries, missionary moms, returned missionaries, member missionaries, and missionaries of every sort and variety.
- Aaron Christensen”Director hopes to ‘raise bar’ on LDS comedies with ‘Inspired Guns'”– The most recent missionary movies have been very serious, but the new film out this week in some locations “Inspired Guns” is looking to bring the funny back to missionary work. “As the elders unknowingly begin giving the missionary lessons to two dim-witted members of a notorious mafia family, chaos ensues in a wacky string of events.”
- Genelle Pugmire “LDS video gives quick facts, mission of church”– Need a quick accurate run down of the church to share with those who are asking questions? “On Friday the LDS Church released a quick two-minute video giving out some facts and proclaiming the Church is dedicated to Christ, family and community. This new video sets the Church more firmly as a worldwide church. With 29,0000 congregations The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is becoming more and more recognized outside the United States.”
- Walt and Eileen Petersen “This Week in El Salvador”– When one senior missionary couple ran into car trouble, the Lord sent a series of blessings their way. ” Were we ever blessed to have a tire shop be right where we had a flat tire when we were in a traffic jam yesterday.”
- R. Scott Lloyd “‘Change of heart’ — Helping missionaries meet high expectations“– What motivates missionaries? If new mission presidents have their way it will be bringing others to Jesus Christ. “Elder Martino gave a scriptural example of a young man who obeyed his father’s directive that the family depart into the wilderness leaving their belongings behind, who went back to his hometown to retrieve things his father asked him to get and who was asked to help build a boat and depart for a promised land. Many Book of Mormon readers would identify that person as Nephi, but Elder Martino said he was actually talking about Laman.”
- Jimmy Smith “Prospective Missionary Devotional”– Are you considering serving a mission, or do you teach those who are? This missionary devotional could be shared whole, or be used to inspire your own instruction. Among the highlights are a thorough list of financial, emotional, physical, and spiritual preparations serious prospective missionaries should make as they prepare to leave. And later a terrific checklist of how to get through the application material.