Around the web today for stories of interest to future missionaries, missionary moms, returned missionaries, member missionaries, and missionaries of every sort and variety.
- LayTreasuresInHeaven.com “The 9 Worst Parts of Serving a Mormon Mission”– Don’t be dissuaded by the title. This accurate and insightful list could help prospective and current missionaries avoid some of these most common pitfalls. “Worry and anxiety is accompanied with any new Missionary fresh off the plane, but it’s usually combated with enthusiasm and a smile. Not every aspect of Missionary life is a bed of roses, however.”
- Bill Pier “Simple Miracles” – Could God have a plan when you drop your cell phone, letting it smash across the asphalt parking lot? Maybe so. “So, we get down on our hands and knees searching everywhere. It wasn’t there. I then sat on the curb and said to Hermana Phillips, “This is a waste of time! This can’t be part of God’s plan — we need to be working.” You know I was playing the part of Laman and Lamuel and Hermana Phillips said, “Let’s say a prayer.” (You have to read the end of this one)
- UtahValley360.com “Bieber vs a typical Mormon missionary”– With Justin Bieber in the news this week for all the wrong reasons, it’s interesting to compare with what other 19-year-olds are doing.
- Eternal Musings “Wanna Be a Mormon? Here’s How!“– We so often get bogged down in the programs of missionary work. This refreshing look explains in very simple detail what is actually required to become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ. “So let’s say you’ve read the Book of Mormon. Or, maybe you’ve been searching for the true Church. Or, maybe you take many of the various other paths people take on their journey to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. But what do you do next?”
- Taran Bailey “I can officially say that I have been in all the countries in my mission!”– [Second Paragraph] One Elder has started “Project Purification” an attempt to use fasting and prayer to develop other Christ like attributes.