Mormon Missionary Beat
By Christopher Cunningham
Around the web today for stories of interest to future missionaries, missionary moms, returned missionaries, member missionaries, and missionaries of every sort and variety.
- Sonja Carlson “Mormons can now share LDS faith through personalized, printable pass-along cards”– Using the information on your Mormon.org profile, you can now carry your very own “And I’m a Mormon” campaign with you in your pocket.
- LDS Mission Stories “Awkward, Funny LDS Mission Story”– [Video] Trying to learn Russian, one missionary asked people on the bus to explain words she didn’t know from the Book of Mormon. What happened next will leave you in stitches.
- Prepared to Serve “21 Best Mormon Ads on Missionary Work”– Looking for some visual inspiration for current or aspiring missionaries? Or some great posts for your Pinterest feed? Here compiled in one place are the best Mormon Ads, from the New Era, about missionary work.
- Wendy Poling “Creative Things to Include in Your Valentine’s Day Care Package“ – If you’re looking to get a Valentine’s Care package to a missionary, especially one oversees time is running out. Here are some creative ideas to get you going. “Glue red and white, heart themed wrapping paper to the inside of the box flaps. Once this step is done you can scrapbook on various things like: hearts cut out of construction paper, or Valentine’s Day greeting cards.”
- Larry Richman “10 Scriptures, 10 Videos, 10 Conversation Starters to Share the Gospel” – Need a jump start to missionary efforts today. This list of thirty ideas can be used to share the gospel online or in person. Here are some examples. “Talk about seminary—about getting up early to go or about something you learned there. When talking about what you did over the weekend, tell about an experience at church. When anyone talks about media, share what you like and why you have your standards.”